a caricaturist who currently criticizes or ridicules political, religious or social leaders and authorities, focusing on their repressive, authoritarian, sectarian, and/or discriminatory stances, thoughts and/or behavior.
By doing so, the caricaturist intends to promote ideas pertaining to humanism, human rights and freedom of thought. The caricatures must have a high reach.
- Invitation: Ibn Rushd Prize 2019العربية DeutschSara Qaed Invitation You are cordially invited to attend the presentationof the Ibn Rushd Prize for Freedom of Thought,2019 awarded in the field of caricature,to the Bahraini artist Sara Qaedon […]
- Ibn Rushd Award 2019 CV Sarah Qaedالعربية Deutschis an artist from Bahrain currently living in Newcastle, UK.She practices art via editorial caricatures, drawings, comics, illustrations, wearable pieces, and anything in between, delivering an interdisciplinary approach in […]
- Laudatory speaker (CV)العربية DeutschIbn Rush Price 2019 Born in Tunisia. Obtained certificates of “efficiency in research” with a university research on the aesthetics of Adreno in French in 1990. PhD in modern […]
- Members of the Juryالعربية DeutschAmjad Rasmi Born in 1974 Amman, Jordan. Lives between London and Amman. Majored in Fine Arts in Amman. Started in Al Shark Al Awsat newspaper as a journalist. Worked […]
- Press releaseالعربية DeutschIbn Rushd Prize 2019 goes to Bahraini Artist Sara Qaed The Ibn Rushd Fund for Freedom of Thought is delighted to announce the Bahraini artist Sara Qaed as winner […]
- Call for Nominationالعربية DeutschThe Ibn Rushd Prize 2018 calls for: a caricaturist who criticizes or ridicules political, religious or social leaders and authorities. A caricature is an exaggerating drawing highlighting the negative […]
- Photos, Music and Performanceالعربية Deutsch