was announced to be awarded to
an arab author who has enriched modern engaged literature with outstanding writing by recognising the mood of the times he compels his Arab readers to have a critical look at the problems of their time, heightening their awareness and encouraging them to shape their environment actively.
- CV Sonallah IbrahimSonalla Ibrahim PDFSonallah Ibrahim was born in Cairo in 1937.1952 he began to study law and worked as freelance journalist and translator.As a result of his political activities he was […]
- Members of the Jury 2004Members of the Jury Sabry Hafez The Egyptian professor Sabry Hafez first studied Sociology (1962) before dedicating himself more and more to the study of literature. After he graduated […]
- Call of Nomination – 2004The IBN RUSHD Fund for Freedom of Thought will award its PRIZE to a living Arab author who has enriched modern engaged literature with outstanding writing by recognising the […]
- Press Release – 27.10.2004Claiming Back Sovereignty over the Arab World This Year’s Ibn Rushd-Prize for Freedom of Thought will be presented to the Egyptian author Sonallah Ibrahim. He will receive the award personally […]
- Foto documentation 2004IBN RUSHD Fund for Freedom of Thought presents theIBN RUSHD Prize 2004 tothe Egyptian author Sonallah Ibrahim On November 26th, 2004 Sonallah Ibrahim received the sixth IBN RUSHD Prize for […]