Born 04.09.1931 in Cairo/Egypt
- Diploma of Institut d’Etudes Politiques, Paris (1952)
- Diploma of Statistics and Mathematics, Paris (1956)
- Ph D Economics, Paris (1957)
- Professor of Economics 1966
- Head of Research Department, Organisation of Economic Development, Cairo (1957-1960)
- Advisor, Ministry of Planning, Bamako/Mali (1960-1963)
- Professor at IDEP, Universities of Poitiers, Dakar, Paris (1963-1970)
- Director of U.N. African Institute for Economic Development and Planning (UN-IDEP), Dakar (1970-1980)
- Since 1980, Director, Third World Forum, Dakar President of the World Forum for Alternatives
- World Poverty, Pauperization & Capital Accumulation. Monthly Review, October 2003.
- U.S. Hegemony and the Response to Terror. Monthly Review, November 2001.
- Imperialism and Globalization. Monthly Review, June 2001.
- The Political Economy of the Twentieth Century. Monthly Review, June 2000.
Biography – Work – Publications
- Samir Amin – Wikipedia
- Samir Amin – a dissenting economist, presentation at Third World Forum
- Third World Forum
- World Forum for Alternatives